Access Community Health Network (ACCESS) continually seeks new talent to join and contribute to the organization’s strategic goals and accomplishments.
For more than 20 years, ACCESS has been on the frontlines of community-based health care. As one of the nation’s largest federally qualified health center (FQHC) organizations, our mission is to provide outstanding preventive and primary health care. Working both within community settings beyond the health center walls as well as within over 40 health center locations across the greater Chicago area, ACCESS physicians, nurse practitioners, midwives and other providers work hand in hand with outreach staff, case managers, social workers and substance abuse counselors to offer integrated preventive care, chronic disease management, behavioral health and support services. ACCESS has close to 300 medical providers and 600,000 patient visits annually and we deliver over 3200 babies annually.
Primary Functions: To perform duties related to the processing of patients through the health care system and the maintenance of business and medical records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets patients pleasantly and promptly. Initiates procedures for patient’s entry into the medical centers health care delivery system.
• Prepares new charts with appropriate forms. Reviews medical records retrieved from the medical records department and has patient sign consent forms or complete history form. Obtains, enters and/or updates relevant patient information into the computer system. Assists patients as necessary in completing forms.
• Handles all correspondence related to the completion of insurance and disability forms. Assists in the preparation, processing, completion of forms, including disability forms, insurance forms and others as requested and as indicated.
• Registers patients in the health centers, explains and interprets ACCESS policies, procedures and protocols to patients when necessary.
• Maintains master patient index where appropriate and verifies patient eligibility on lists currently available to identify patients.
• Determines patient payment source and/or type and acts according to defined procedures.
• Reviews medical records prior to filing for completeness. Files medical records and other pertinent chart data after review and initializing by a member of the medical staff.
• Maintains medical records; ensures proper storage of records and confidentiality of patient information; ensures proper documentation of examinations, treatment and procedures.
• Handles all incoming calls courteously, professionally and promptly, answering inquiries and providing information appropriately. Answers calls within 3 rings, and exceeds customer service standards. Refers callers and walk-in patients to others as appropriate.
• Maintains all work area/stations in a neat and orderly manner.
• Participates in the orientation and training of new staff as requested.
• Participates in ACCESS meetings and committees as requested.
• Complete processing of the patient at the end of the visit including the recording of data into established manuals and automated systems. This includes encounter processing as well as collection of any cash payments made by the patient and the issuance of a receipt or statement as appropriate. Completes Day-End-Procedures for reconciliation of encounters and cash receipts balancing and depositing of cash collections.
• Responsible for reviewing encounters for and entering all charges into the data system after the patient visit.
• Schedules patient appointment (s) for follow-up in the health center or with providers outside of the health center (as referred by the Primary Care Physician) in a prompt and courteous fashion, attempting to accommodate the patient as much as possible. Documents the scheduled appointment, time, etc., in the medical record and in the Meditech computerized scheduling system (if applicable). Completes and provides patients with all required forms, requisitions, etc.
• Obtains patient’s/legal guardian’s signature on all referral forms prior to the administrations of those procedures and medications/ immunizations that require signatures.
• Other duties as assigned including any other duties normally assigned to an employee in an equal or a lower classification.
High School Diploma is required.
Access Community Health Network is a Equal Opportunity Employer